Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Work, work it girrrl...

I discovered this amazing blogsite (or as the trainer, Jenn, says - a blog that ate wheaties) a few days ago, and just this week started their "Bikini Body Bootcamp (which is awesome and free)." Only, for me, it's the "Bridesmaid Body Bootcamp." See, most people are motivated by the start of swimsuit season. That's not entirely important to me, but standing up in front as my sister gets married? Well, that's one of the most important things in the world to me, and quite frankly, I'm vain. I need motivation to get rid of a few excess lbs, and having a bunch of people glance over at me when they realize they've spent far too long staring at the bride and groom is motivation enough. I feel the need to point out that Sister is unaware of said bootcamp and in no way has encouraged it. She's probably the least bridezilla bride ever. No, really.

So, anyway, this first week is a light week - kind of a get to know you and get prepared type thing. Started out with "The Gauntlet." Um, yeah. I emerged from the workout room of our place (aka the guest room w/a fan and open window) in what can only be described as pain. Kind of like a walking version of the slow clap, only more painful. And longer.

Today I checked out the video early in the morning, and thought to myself "this doesn't seem too bad." If any of you have ever done Tabata Training and/or Cross-Fit. Feel free to laugh at that thought. I'd laugh at myself right now, but I'm already sore. It was probably the most difficult 20 minute workout I've done. But most importantly, I did it and didn't quit (though I may have cursed the timer on my phone a few times as being inept - there is no way 4 minutes is possibly that long).

I can't wait until the next workout, and am really looking forward to next week when I get to Zumba/Yoga on Saturday. As for this Saturday, I'm running "the stairs" (you know the one set of stairs in your town that people seem to workout on all the time) - feel free to join me. Here, there or anywhere. It could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment