Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's just one of those days, don't take it personal.

Today is just one of those days. I don't know if it's because after a check of the office thermostat it's a lovely 66.9 degrees in here (which isn't cold if you're running errands, or moving around but sitting at a desk trying to type things out for 8 hours straight...well it feels frigid) or if it's because the weatherman has informed me that it is supposed to rain again on Friday, but I'm really over today already. I'm annoyed with everyone - my boss, my VP (aka my bosses boss), my co-workers, myself.

On a positive note, I've got Martini Madness to look forward to tonight. One of my favorite sushi restaurants (Ono Sushi) also happens to have $4 martinis on Thursdays. Sure, it's not like you're getting Belvedere or Grey Goose in those things, but hey, one or two of plain old vodka ones hit the spot after a day like today is shaping up to be. I'm not picky when I've had a rough day. Not. At. All.

Plus, even more importantly, the place has really amazing sushi. It's some of the best I've found in town (and trust me, the more you read this thing, the more you'll realize I eat an inordinate amount of sushi) although not the best I've found ever (that is reserved for a place in Dana Point and a place in Santa Barbara). I'm salivating just thinking about it! Oh I can't wait for it tonight. We took food out thinking that we'd just go for a maritini, but I think I might use the old "we should marinate that overnight" trick and get sushi instead.

And now that an employee just came in and it was all I could do to explain to him what he was supposed to say I definitely think I'll be using the "please, let's get sushi" thing. Oy vey. I hope everyone has a great Thursday, at least we're on the quick downhill slide to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment